How to pick the best front door for your business or office
When you pick a door for your commercial space, think first about three factors:
• Your budget. Door prices go from low to very high, and the most expensive may not be the best for you.
• Your personality. Are you warm and welcoming, or are you more reserved?
• The image you want to present. After all, the front door can be the customer’s first impression of your business. It’s also the last impression of your business when the customer leaves.
You have a choice among glass, wood and metal doors.
Glass doors look nice but they have two drawbacks: Secure, smooth operating glass doors often cost more than other doors, and they need frequent cleaning. Will you be paying someone on staff to wipe off fingerprints and smudges every day?
A wooden door can be used as an exterior door, although it’s more commonly used for interior rooms.
A steel door is the strongest and most secure. It’s also durable in New York weather, and it’s energy-efficient, keeping in the air you want and keeping out the air you don’t want.
• Do you want a double door?
• Where is the knob – on the right side or the left? This issue can be as contentious as the age-old argument over whether a toilet roll should unfold from the top or the bottom.
• What lock is best? You can choose from mortise locks, cylindrical lever locks, keypads, electric strike locks and crash locks, among others. Much of your decision will rest on how often people use the door and how many people have control of it when it’s time to open or close your business for the day.
• Does your door meet the codes for New York City? We can help; we’re veterans of the door industry and we know all the ins-and-outs (door humor!) of the building codes and laws governing access and egress.
No one right answer
As you can see, the issue of picking a front door doesn’t allow for a one-size-fits-all answer. You need to examine your commercial space and how it will be used.
Visit us in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, or call us at (917) 893-0291
We will be glad to answer your questions and tell you the pros and cons of various doors. We are expert installers of commercial doors.
We have a large selection of Kalamein doors. They’re built for businesses; they include hollow metal doors and stainless steel doors.
In addition, we can give you advice on how to make your business safer and more secure.
Lockndoors also has experienced locksmiths available 24/7 for emergency service for car, home and business lockouts in Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens. (917) 893-0291